Highways England have confirmed that both lanes on the northbound A249 should re-open tomorrow morning (Friday 5th February) following the completion of work to repair damage caused by a burst water main last month.
Sittingbourne fire crews were called to a domestic shed fire in the back garden of a property in William Street earlier today.
Kent Fire And Rescue (KFRS) were called just after 10.30 am this morning (Tuesday 2nd February) and had to access the blaze using a hose from a fire engine in Park Road.
Park Road was closed to vehicles until 11:15am.
It is thought that a faulty tumble dryer, being used in the shed at the time, caused the blaze which also damaged ajoining fence panels.
Highways England (HE) has confirmed that it is hoping to reopen one lane on the northbound A249 later this week, following completion of temporary works.
They have confirmed that it is "currently unsafe to reopen the slip road and inside lane as surveys have not confirmed the stability of the ground underneath the road and the adjacent void in the ground is a potential risk to drivers".
Timeline of work carried out so far
Pictured: Gordon Henderson MP with two Iwade Primary School children, Edward Milham and Connie Gambell.
Local anti-litter charity, Litter Angels, has installed two new litter bins in Iwade - one outside Costcutter on Ferry Road and one in Dunlin Walk, opposite the primary school.
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of theft following a high-speed police chase on the M2 earlier today (Wednesday 6th January).
Kent Fire and Rescue Service were called to a fire in a first floor bedroom of a semi-detached property on Purple Emperor Grove in Iwade earlier this afternoon (Friday 1st January).
On arrival fire crews found a bedroom on fire and used breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet, thermal imaging camera and a ventilation fan to tackle the blaze and clear the property of smoke.
The fire was accidental and it's believed it was caused by a cable, similar to a USB cable, that was plugged in to the power where the wire insulation had completely being burnt off.
The family of an 18-year-old woman, who died after collapsing and falling onto the tracks at Sittingbourne railway station on Monday (2nd November) morning, have paid tribute to her.
Sophie Lintott, from Sittingbourne, sadly died of her injuries in hospital yesterday (Tuesday 3rd November) at Kings College Hospital in South East London.
Swale Detectives have charged two men in connection with alleged distraction burglaries in the local area.
Police made two separate arrests after receiving reports that people had tricked their way into homes to steal items. The first arrest was made after officers responded to an incident in Foxley Road, Sittingbourne at around 2.35pm, on Friday 23rd October. Joseph Smith, aged 34, of Lucks Lane, Chart Sutton, was charged with two counts of burglary and an attempted burglary with intent to steal.
Southeastern services into Victoria and St Pancras from Sittingbourne station were hit by major delays during this morning's rush hour, after an incident at the station just after 8.00am.
A member of the 2nd Sittingbourne Guides is celebrating after receiving the highest accolade for Guides - the Baden-Powell Challenge Award.
Jade Dowsett, from Sittingbourne, chose to complete a range of exciting activities to achieve the award, including playing life-size Monopoly around Canterbury while away on her adventure weekend and Co-ordinating and presenting a fashion show with her fellow Guides.