Three people were arrested on Saturday (12th March) night following the report of a fight in Sittingbourne involving the use of weapons, by the Kent Police Tactical Operations unit.
A suspect has been charged with multiple offences following an incident in which two people were assaulted at the railway station.
Kent Police officers arrested a man in Sittingbourne High Street on Tuesday (15th February) following a report that a person had spat at two people in the station between 7pm and 7.20pm.
As they attempted to arrest the man he is reported to have ran in the opposite direction from officers before he was apprehended. He was then alleged to have tried to headbutt one of the arresting officers.
A Sittingbourne resident, who used social media apps in attempts to groom a child for sex offences, has been jailed.
Michael Smith repeatedly sent indecent images and videos of himself to another user who he believed was only 13 years old.
Charges have been authorised against a man by officers investigating an incident involving a child in Sittingbourne.
Harry Morris, aged 24 and of Peregrine Drive, has been charged with child abduction and sexually assaulting a child under 13 years old.
Mr Morris was charged following an allegation that a man approached a girl in an alleyway off Rectory Road at around 8.15am on Wednesday 8th December.
After a short verbal exchange, the suspect is said to have briefly grabbed her before running from the area. The girl was uninjured.
A suspect has been arrested in connection with a reported a rape in Sittingbourne.
It is alleged that during the early hours of yesterday (Saturday 11th December), a woman was raped by a man she had earlier encountered on a night out. The offence is said to have happened in a woodland location between Harrier Drive and Osprey Court in the Fallowfield area.
At around 7:00pm last night (11th December) detectives arrested a 21-year-old man from Sittingbourne on suspicion of rape and he was taken into custody.
Four charges have been authorised against a man following a report a business was burgled in Sittingbourne.
A computer and printer are said to have been stolen from a business in Conqueror Court on the night of Wednesday 27th and Thursday 28th January.
Following enquiries carried out by the Chief Constable’s Crime Squad, Simon Owen was arrested on suspicion of the offence on Tuesday (16th February).
A Sheppey man has been charged following a report of a distraction burglary here in Sittingbourne.
On Sunday (6th December) a man, who was known to the victim, knocked on his door in Chilton Avenue offering him spare parts for his car.
The victim engaged in conversation with the man before he returned to his property. The man then knocked on the door again and asked if he could rinse out a baby bottle before also asking for a glass of water.
An abusive boyfriend from Sittingbourne who lied that he had terminal cancer in order to control and manipulate his partner has been sentenced to prison.
Kevin Bevis subjected a woman to a three-year campaign of abuse, intimidation and violence which also included him choking his victim. Bevis was in a relationship with the woman between October 2016 and December 2019, during which time he imposed a number of rules within her own home, including restrictions over when she could see her own daughter.
A suspected burglar has been charged following a break-in at a Sittingbourne address.
Jewellery and a quantity of money was reported to have been stolen from a property in Place Lane, Hartlip between 8am and 8.15pm on Friday 13th November 2019.
Charlie Knight, 22, of Goudhurst Road, Gillingham was arrested and charged with one count of burglary on Friday (6th March).
He appeared at Medway Magistrates' Court on Saturday 7th March and will next appear at Maidstone Crown Court at a date to be determined.
Five charges have been made against a man who is suspected to have burgled five business premises across Folkestone, Sittingbourne and Rochester.
Tony Jackson was arrested by Kent Police officers on Tuesday (25th February) after he was identified as a suspect for offences committed at business parks between Friday 6th December 2019 and Friday 21st February 2020.
The combined total of damage caused, and cash stolen, is estimated to be in excess of £12,000.