Kitchen Fire In Kemsley

Kitchen Fire In Kemsley

A pan of oil sparked a kitchen fire at a home in Kemsley earlier this afternoon (Monday 7th August) after it accidentally overheated and caught alight. 

Two fire engines were sent to the house in Recreation Way, where crews wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire. 

One person was checked over as a precaution for a slight burn to their hand.

Kent Fire & rescue (KFRS) are reminding poeple to always take extra care in the kitchen and make sure that they go not get distracted when they’re cooking or to leave it unattended. 

Kitchen Fire In Sittingbourne

Kitchen Fire In Sittingbourne

Firefighters from Sittingbourne were called to a fire in the kitchen of a ground-floor flat in Whimbrel Close in Milton Regis earlier today.

The Kent Fire And Rescue Service were contacted at 12:24pm and several other flats were evacuated as a precaution.

It believed that the occupants were able to return within 45 minutes. There were no reported casualties. The cause of the fire is not yet known but it is not being treated as suspicious.


Subscribe to RSS - Kitchen

100% Local Radio for Sittingbourne