Kitchen Fire In Kemsley

Kitchen Fire In Kemsley

A pan of oil sparked a kitchen fire at a home in Kemsley earlier this afternoon (Monday 7th August) after it accidentally overheated and caught alight. 

Two fire engines were sent to the house in Recreation Way, where crews wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire. 

One person was checked over as a precaution for a slight burn to their hand.

Kent Fire & rescue (KFRS) are reminding poeple to always take extra care in the kitchen and make sure that they go not get distracted when they’re cooking or to leave it unattended. 

If a pan of oil does catch alight, don’t attempt to move it, or throw water on it. Turn off the heat if you can do it safely, leave the property and call 999 for the fire service. 

100% Local Radio for Sittingbourne