Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS) are reminding the public to keep cooking areas clear following a kitchen fire in Milton Regis earlier today (Tuesday 15th June).
Two fire engines were sent to the scene just before 11:00am after receiving reports of a fire in the property on Newbridge Avenue and the building was heavily smoke-logged on arrival. Crews used hose reel jets to extinguish a fire in the kitchen, before clearing the property of smoke with a high pressure fan.
One occupant and two pet dogs were rescued from the house, and the occupant was passed into the care of South East Coast Ambulance for smoke inhalation. The fire is believed to have started accidentally due to an item being left on the kitchen hob.
Following the incident, firefighters are reminding the public to keep cooking areas clean and clear at all times. You should also ensure you have working smoke alarms on each level of your home to alert you in the event of a fire.