'Stub It Out'

'Stub It Out' Warning After Local Flat Fire

'Stub It Out' Warning After Local Flat Fire

Sittingbourne fire crews have issued a safety warning following a flat fire this morning (Friday 15th April) believed to have been started by a cigarette.

Firefighters from Sittingbourne and Faversham were called to the blaze at a first floor flat in Hawthorn Road, just after 9am. Crews were alerted to the fire after a neighbour heard the alarms sounding, saw smoke and dialled 999. The first crew arrived at the property within two and a half minutes of receiving the emergency call to find all but one of the nine flats in the building had been evacuated.

Subscribe to RSS - 'Stub It Out'

100% Local Radio for Sittingbourne