For the the tenth year running the Sittingbourne Invicta Rotary Club have announced the beneficiaries from the 'Community Chest' fund.
Introduced by past President Peter Taffs in 2011 the Community Chest offers an opportunity for small organisations and groups in the Swale area to share in the socially distanced fund raising undertaken by local rotarians in the past year.
In the ten years since the Community Chest was launched some £40,000 has been raised and distributed into Swale's community.
Notwithstanding COVID issues during the past year Sittingbourne Invicta told SFM News that it "has continued our long-established support for many important social and health needs across the local community" and the following fourteen successful applicants will receive grant cheques in the next few weeks from the current Club President Martin Lukehurst:-
- The Family Trust
- Child’s Vision
- Vibe Community Charity
- Sittingbourne Ladies 1st FC
- Friendly Faces of Kent
- Kemsley Community House Youth Group
- Imago Community
- Sittingbourne Community Radio
- Historical Research Group of Sittingbourne
- Girlguiding Sittingbourne Division & Hornhill Activity Centre
- Young at Heart Lunch Club
- New Leaf Support
- 9th Sittingbourne [SA] Guides