Pets Die In House Fire In Sheerness

Pets Die In House Fire In Sheerness

Sheppey and Sittingbourne firefighters were called to a fire in the first floor bedroom of a mid-terraced house on Alexandra Road in Sheerness early today (Tuesday22nd March).

A man, a woman and a teenage boy were led to safety by the crews and were treated by paramedics, for the affects of breathing in smoke, at the scene.

All three were taken to hospital by ambulance. Breathing apparatus was used by the firefighters to extinguish the fire, which is being treated as accidental, using a hose reel.

A number of cats and dogs were rescued from the property and crews used a pet oxygen mask to provide oxygen therapy but, sadly, three cats died in the blaze.

100% Local Radio for Sittingbourne