Washing Machine Sparks Garage Blaze

Washing Machine Sparks Garage Blaze

Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS) have confirmed that two people were treated for the affects of breathing in smoke following a fire in a garage connected to a two-storey house in London Road, Sittingbourne earlier this evening (Friday 16th September).

A man and a woman were given oxygen therapy by firefighters and were then attended to by an ambulance crew from the South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb).

The fire is believed to have started in a washing machine. Crews wearing breathing apparatus put out the blaze using a hose reel.

There were slight delays to traffic coming in and out of town via the A2 London Road earlier.

100% Local Radio for Sittingbourne