The Kent Fire and Rescue Service (KFRS) were called to Burley Road at around 9.00am yesterday (Sunday 22nd November) morning.
Crews used chimney kit, buckets, hose reel jets as well as the height vehicle to access and put out the fire.
There were no injuries as a result of this fire.
With the weather turning colder the KFRS are urging people to make sure they have had their chimney and flue inspected and swept before use.
Further information about chimney and open fire safety can be found at: kent.fire-uk.org/your-safety/home-safety/a-z-of-safety-what-are-the-risks/chimneys-and-open-fires/