Cost Of Living Help

'Help for Households' - Government Support 
Information about all the government support for people in connection to the cost of living can be found, in one place, on the 'Help for Households' government website:
More information on this can be found here: 

ReferKent is an online referral system that aims to strengthen referrals across Kent for adults and families who may be experiencing financial hardship. Supported by the Helping Hands Scheme, we are encouraging district councils and other organisations to sign up as referral partners. This service is free to organisations who support Kent residents, and you can access it from mobile and desktop devices.
More information on this can be found here: 

Social tariffs for broadband
Social tariffs for broadband are discounted deals offered by various broadband providers to support households on low income or in financial hardship.

Access to good quality, reliable broadband is essential. Social tariffs help people access cheaper deals and could save eligible households around £150 per year.

Social tariffs for broadband - Kent County Council



Household Support Fund

You may be eligible for help with your food and the cost of utilities through the Household Support Fund.
Funded by UK Government, the scheme is for those most in need of support to help with significantly rising living costs.
Swale Borough Council will be working with local organisations to deliver support with food and fuel provision through a network of established agencies within the Borough.
Latest News - Get Help with Food, Gas, Electric and Water (swale.gov.uk)

Fuel and Water Home Advisor
Make your home more energy efficient, lower your energy bills and reduce your carbon emissions.

We want to help you save money on your bills at the same time reducing your carbon footprint, so whether that means being more energy efficient, switching tariffs or insulating your home to keep the heat in – we have got the advice and information to help.
Fuel & Water Home Adviser (children-families.org)



Friends of the Elderly provides grants to older people over State Pension age, living in England or Wales, who have a low income and savings of less than £4,000. Grants are for items such as home mobility adaptations, and help with unexpected bills and large costs such as utility bills, funeral costs or moving fees.
Friends of the Elderly

Help from Kent County Council if you are experiencing financial difficulty and paying your energy bill is a concern.
Energy Financial Support KCC

100% Local Radio for Sittingbourne